Sunday, March 22, 2009

Out with the sulk, in with the shout!

Have you ever had a time where you know God has answered you?

Exciting right?!!?!!?

Today was a day like that for me...except for me the answer was a clear "No."

Ummm...not so exciting...and I am not even going to front - I sulked - and it made me question the love of God.

Then God asked me to really think about my day.

Me: I went to church. You showed up in an awesome way. It was great.
God: And...
Me: I took saliva samples all day.
God: Stop there.

Sidenote:
Without going into a huge TMI moment, I had to take samples of my saliva all day today. Once the samples are analyzed the doctor will help me create a plan to keep me healthy and energized based on a planned diet and rest times. To my friend who suggested that this was a blog worthy topic although I was taken aback by the idea, thanks for your wisdom :)

I then had a Job moment, you know when Job begins to ask God "why?" and God answers him with a "where were you?..." [check out Job 40-41]. God reminded me that He cares so much about us that he created even our saliva to bear footprints of the life He created within us. Who are we that He is mindful of us? Not only mindful, but every ounce of our being shows His creative work. The thought that He put into creating us is evident cell by cell.

God's love for us is more than our wildest dreams...
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19)

His care for us is incomparable...
...Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And [yet] not one of them is forgotten or uncared for in the presence of God. But [even] the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be struck with fear or seized with alarm; you are of greater worth than many [flocks] of sparrows.
Luke 12:6-7 (Amplified Version)

I am so thankful for a loving and caring God who answers us when we call upon Him. Even though an answer may be "no," the answer comes from the One who knows the whole plan! I want to live in the place where I can say like Job, "I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted..." (Job 42:2). That's exciting!! Out with the sulking, in with the dancing and shouting!

My prayer...

Lord, thank You that Your Word never returns unto us void. Thank you that everything that You promised us will come to pass. Strengthen us to run the race that you have set before us. Block the paths that aren't of You. Set our minds on the truth of Your love and Your care for us. When the enemy tries to make us question and doubt, help us to fight with Your Word and stand firm on Your promises.
In Jesus' Name. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Frenika for sharing that! I never thought of the uniqueness of saliva! Just makes me in awe of God's majesty, and wisdom, His severity and goodness.

A good verse to stare at is 1 John 3:1- BEHOLD (study, pay attention to) the manner (quality) of love the Father has for us.. 1 John 4:19-we love Him because He first loved us. We only can love Him to the degree that we know His love for us. God give us the power, the anointing to love you.