Monday, April 26, 2010

my soul sings...

Lately my soul feels like its been singing. I am finding that in the freedom of God, we are able to experience the joy of God. The joy of knowing that He takes care of us. The joy of knowing that He's thinking about us. The joy of knowing that He has good things for us. The joy of knowing that His plan for us is wonderful. The joy of knowing that He leads us in paths of righteousness. The joy of knowing that He is truly in control.

This joy lets our soul sing.

It's a joy that can't be taken away by anything. A joy that doesn't fade. A joy that overflows even though the earth around us be shaken.

This joy lets our soul sing.

As I am continuing to listen for the song of joy in the midst of everyday life I am realizing that it is what helps us to live rather than just survive. The Bible declares that the joy of the Lord is our strength. So when we are in the midst of struggle, in the midst of shaking, in the midst of turbulence, we just don't survive it - but we live and we are strengthened.

This joy lets our soul sing.

Lord, we thank you that the joy of the Lord is our strength. that You alone are our strong tower that we can run into and be safe. that you are our refuge, our fortress, our God in who we can trust. Thank you that you make us happy. Let our soul sing. Let our hearts cry out for more. We love you. In Jesus name. Amen.

2 comments:

Gabriel said...

This reminds me of the movie Polly! "Make a joyful noise!" haha, but seriously this gets me to think about Jesus, that he was the most Joyful man ever. Even in the midst of all that happened to him, he was sustained by the joy of the Holy Spirit. it was even in his joy that he endured the cross for us. it makes me want to fight to keep my joy alive! awesome post.

Desiree* said...

Amen! Your singing for the Lord brings even more joy into my life... thank you for always blessing me and bubbling up that joy :) I Love you